Project Manager, Game & Level Designer
What I've done
- Sound Design: we wanted a retro style for the game. So I created all the sound effects for the game by using bfxr to implement some 8 beat sound effects.
- Game Art: Based on a vintage style, I create the instruction, credit and pause menu for the game. I give a hand for the main menu too. I also made all the different missiles present in the game.
- Play test & QA: I Balance the level and cope with the difficulty curve of the game.
- Project Management: based on agile methodology, I allocate task over the time by following the planing I have created.
- Game Design: I came up with the idea of the game and all the features implemented in the game. I also make the Game Design document.
I choose the game Missile Command for reference. The player controls a missile, and has to destroy 3 cities in a certain amount of time by avoiding enemy projectiles and collecting power ups. We don't try to make a simple copy of missile command, that's why we implement power ups to help the player and create our own art style. The player must reach a city in 3 clicks-otherwise the missile is destroyed.
Genre: Shoot 'em up
Number of player: 1
Engine: Game Maker
Conception: October 2014 (5 days)
Team member: 4