GAME, LEVEL & SOUND DESIGNER
What I've done
- Sound Design: using Adobe Audition, I created the background music by mixing an existing track and making a loop of it. We wanted some natural noise for the game, so I created all the sound effects for the game.
- Level Design: I created every levels of the game on Photoshop. I designed 4 different shapes for the shell which provide us with a wide range of options. I manage to create 13 levels altogether.
- Game art: we wanted to convey some kind of apocalyptic atmosphere to represent the fight of a plant against an hostile environment, so I reworked all the assets of the game on Photoshop to get it.
- Implementation: as a level Designer, I had to Implement all the levels in the engine.
- Play test & QA: after completing all the levels, I then had to balance levels and get a difficulty curve for each of them.
Verdant is a Puzzle Game in which the player has to control a Shell while a plant is constantly growing inside it. The goal is to manage the movement of the plant and reach the exit by avoiding walls and collecting PowerUps.
Genre: Puzzle Game
Platform: PC will be exported on tablet
View: 2D Scrolling
Number of player: 1
Engine: Unity 4
Conception: Oct. 2014 (Game Jam 48 hours) then 2 weeks of preparation before the final jury
Team member: 5